Project Update: Syracuse Wastewater Treatment Plant
Crosby Construction initiated this $2.4 million facility-upgrade project in June 2015. The project is scheduled for completion in late July 2016.
During the excavation phase of the project, we encountered very high water-table levels. After five months of dewatering using a well-point system, the water table was still too high to construct the new concrete digester tank. In collaboration with Triad Associates, we agreed to raise the tank three feet out of the ground and above the water table to enable the tank to be constructed.
We’re now entering the equipment installation and startup phase for the this project.
New equipment and site work
• A new 70-by-35-by-14-foot concrete digester/aerator tank complete with a pair of Aire-O2 Triton floating aerators
• Four new Aire-O2 Triton floating aerators and controls for the existing oxidation ditches
• Two new 40-foot Envirodyne final-clarifier mechanisms installed in the existing concrete structure(s)
• Replace the existing belt press with a new Andritz 1.5 M SMX-S8 belt filter press complete with a polymer system and controls
• Removal of existing ultraviolet (UV) disinfection system and UV structure and replace with a new Wedeco TAK55 Smart M 3-2 2 @i 1HF UV system and new below-ground concrete UV structure
• New underground sewer and storm-water piping
• Site work/asphalt and concrete
• Demolition of old redundant structures and equipment